Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1980 D Lincoln Mint Mark DD Or MD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 952Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
56 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2022  10:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add savatreatabvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have this 1980 D penny, the mint mark looks like some kind of doubling. I haven't seen another 1980 D with this kind of doubling. Can someone point me in the right direction?
1980-D-Lincoln-Mint-Mark-DD-Or-MD?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD.I think I see it on the zero also.
John1
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guessing MD as well.



to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4136 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with above it is MD.
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add savatreatabvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the members above but here's a new question, when MD happens is it only on one coin or can it happen on multiple coins. The reason I ask is because this one is the only one (1980 D Penny} I've seen online with a mint mark like that?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Cujohn's Avatar
United States
7174 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2022  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD can and does happen randomly. It can affect 1 device or all of them. 1 coin or thousands of them. I can see the 980 on your coin is affected all in the same direction.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 952Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums