The reverse lettering appears seriously doubled, to me. Would the appearance of doubling on both sides indicate " Machine Doubling" rather than a doubled die?
FsdWarp10 -THANK YOU - This will make things easier! I have several old rolls of uncirculated pennies from the 1950's thru the 1970's I have been waiting to go through. (about 30) This will make things much easier!
Quote: FsdWarp10 -THANK YOU - This will make things easier! I have several old rolls of uncirculated pennies from the 1950's thru the 1970's I have been waiting to go through. (about 30) This will make things much easier!
Not a problem! Always better to get people the resources they need so they can learn and be self sufficient.
As others have said this could very well be nothing more than Machine Doubling. With the pics provided it is not clear. Read up on it, and it will be a real help in looking for doubled dies. You will find a lot of coins with Machine Doubling for every single instance of a true doubled die.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use