Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2026 United States Mint Proof Set Available On October 6

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 1,539Next Topic
Page: of 4
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
108114 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Ok guys, talk me in to buying this.

Seeing you stated "guys" I'm out -

This is why I always say "Folks" not guys or gals...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is why I always say "Folks" not guys or gals

I guess we're all a product of our raising.
I never thought about it much, but I remember my dad specifically getting frustrated with us kids (there were 8 of us, I was #7, the oldest sister was married and had a kid before I was born, for the most part I grew up with the 5 youngest in the house, 2 girls, 3 boys), and Dad referred to us as a group as "you guys", as in "geez you guys, you better start behaving or I'm pulling over!", and our grandma (his mother) welcoming us "how are you guys doing?", so I guess it gets passed down.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
108114 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok let me clarify a bit here - I say "Folks" here on the forums to be polite and not to be discriminatory to anyone.
In real life I'll use Guys to address a group of people
and if there are any objections, it can get addressed immediately
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
CelticKnot's Avatar
United States
12925 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pulled mine out of the mailbox today too.

It was fun while it lasted. This feels kinda like the end of the ATB 5-oz puck program to me. Bittersweet. But my wallet is going to be a bit heavier next year.
  Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 1,539Next Topic
Page: of 4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Forums