| Author |
Replies: 57 / Views: 1,735 |
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108142 Posts |
Quote:Quote: Ok guys, talk me in to buying this. Seeing you stated "guys" I'm out -  This is why I always say "Folks" not guys or gals... 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts |
Quote: This is why I always say "Folks" not guys or gals I guess we're all a product of our raising. I never thought about it much, but I remember my dad specifically getting frustrated with us kids (there were 8 of us, I was #7, the oldest sister was married and had a kid before I was born, for the most part I grew up with the 5 youngest in the house, 2 girls, 3 boys), and Dad referred to us as a group as "you guys", as in "geez you guys, you better start behaving or I'm pulling over!", and our grandma (his mother) welcoming us "how are you guys doing?", so I guess it gets passed down.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108142 Posts |
ok let me clarify a bit here - I say "Folks" here on the forums to be polite and not to be discriminatory to anyone. In real life I'll use Guys to address a group of people and if there are any objections, it can get addressed immediately
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
12927 Posts |
Pulled mine out of the mailbox today too. It was fun while it lasted. This feels kinda like the end of the ATB 5-oz puck program to me. Bittersweet. But my wallet is going to be a bit heavier next year.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote:Mine arrived a day early too... here are my sets  Fantastic!  Guys, Folks, Yinz, Y'all... 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Quote: Pulled mine out of the mailbox today too.  Quote: It was fun while it lasted. Uh-huh  Quote:This feels kinda like the end of the ATB 5-oz puck program to me. Bittersweet. Those pucks seem like bargains now, right?  Quote: But my wallet is going to be a bit heavier next year. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
12927 Posts |
Quote:Those pucks seem like bargains now, right? Yes. Even though I collected the proofs, in reality if those were to be sold to a dealer today they'd likely just be scrapped for melt. So I paid (at the time) high prices to essentially stack some silver.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
At least you did not lose money. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2160 Posts |
My sets arrived early also, packed in a cardboard box with bubble wrap inside. One of the set boxes has a crease on one side. Lenses are fine and all of the coins look very good under a 5x loupe. Might post some "trios of coins" from the three sets ( Unc, Prf, Silv Prf ) later in the "Post a Trio" thread. . .
As far as the designs go: The Dime and the Half Dollar are home runs. The quarter obverses are yawn inducing, the quarter reverses are nicely done. Wish the USM had done something beyond dual dating the Penny and Nickel.
Edited by cptbilly Today 3H 53M ago
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Excellent! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
796 Posts |
I ordered two of these with the intention of gifting them to my 11 year old,nand 14 year old grandsons. I purchased them 2 or 3 hours after the 12 p.m. ordering period began, and thusly I'm backordered. I did pay a few dollars more for slightly expedited shipping, the one just above standard shipping. Anyway here comes the potential problem...I live in Southern California, but my daughter and grandkids live in Boise, ID. My plan was to carry the coins with me when I fly out to Idaho on October 30th. Who thinks the proof sets will make it before I leave? I'm not holding my breath.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Yikes! I do hope they arrive in time.
|
| |
Replies: 57 / Views: 1,735 |