Quote: Thought i'd revive this thread by sharing pics of the last of my 100oz bars. One of the first Royal Canadian Mint bars, before they went 9999 and techy
Thanks for sharing! I have never seen that style of bar before.
Thanks! The old RCM bars are pretty hard to come by nowadays. Not as shiny as the newer bars but there is something alluring about the old stamped RCM logo and letters.
I don't mind paying a slight premium for a bar that I really like the look of. Sure, I could buy "Bill's Hand Poured Silver Bars" but when it comes time to re-sell, nobody will want it, unless they can guarantee that it is all silver.
About 6 months ago, I took into possession 100 oz via 10oz NTR Metals bars. These were being sold on kijiji and at just below spot so I grabbed all 10. I immediately took them to my local bullion dealer where I turned the 10NTR Metal bars into 10 JM Bars. I paid $1 an ounce to do so.
Fast forward to today, these 10 NTR bars are still there.
+ another 1. I manage to sell an old 100oz Engelhard poured/stamped bar (versus the newer, squarer bars in plastic cases) for close $5 above spot a long while ago, and a 100oz old RCM bar for $7 above. I realize buyers like these don't come along every other day, but I strongly doubt I would be even able to sell the less popular bars, like NTR, 100oz silver bars for more than spot.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use