Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Death To Pennies!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 5,003Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
sel_69l's Avatar
Australia
21792 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2011  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to me that the One Cent is a 'use only once' coin these days.

Small wonder that so many of them are in almost perfect condition.
Pillar of the Community
SteveCaruso's Avatar
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2011  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveCaruso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I mean, if you ask for 50 pennies back instead of quarters they will look at you like you're a nut.


Nah only the first time...

...

Not that I will admit I know this from experience...

...

:-)
Valued Member
Igleos's Avatar
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2011  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igleos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its really funny when you go to the bank with 7 dollars in quarters and 3 dollars bills and ask for 20 rolls of pennies. I just did that today......and I ended up getting 18 rolls of 2011 D pennies. I opened 5 rolls of pennies,went to another bank, traded one roll for another roll of pennies and then got 7 dollars in bills lol
Valued Member
mwr1550's Avatar
United States
193 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2011  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mwr1550 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will never go to a cashless society. There are simply too many exchanges that take place were nothing but cash will work. I.E. the black market and/or other certain nefarious deals.
And I don't mean just by "street" people.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2011  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but little be little even welfare unemployment SS are all direct deposit or debit card. A lot of those recipients have no choice and getting cash means ATM fees for them. I really don't think its fair for them. Notice that you don't find as many coins in parking lots etc. At first I was thinking people were picking them up but I didn't realize so many pmts were mandatory deposit or debit card. The better to track us with I'm sure!
  Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 5,003Next Topic
Page: of 3

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums