Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Home Built Copy Stand

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,694Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
64 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ECS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hi All,

just thought I would share my works in progress of the copy stand I am building.

i saw the other thread on trying to buy a copy stand for less than $100 so, using this as my goal, I thought I would try and make one.

so far, the only things I have had to buy are the two lamps that where $10 each at bunnings.

i have used the centre and head of a small tripod I had lying around from a cheep level with a laser on the end (i saw this on special at bunnings for $20 the other day) and some MDF sheet I had lying around.

i thought the tripod centre would be good as it allows me to adjust the height of the camera which I will need when I add bellows.

here are some quick pics!



Home-Built-Copy-Stand

Home-Built-Copy-Stand

Pillar of the Community
NJ Bob's Avatar
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work.

When can we see the results?

Valued Member
Australia
64 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ECS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK,

here is the first pic taken. I still have a lot to work out.

now I also need to work out some better post processing as they lose a lot of detail when I resize to less than 100mb


Home-Built-Copy-Stand
Pillar of the Community
NJ Bob's Avatar
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2012  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice.

Try a stronger light source at 2:00 o'clock. This should give you more definition on the face of the coin.
Valued Member
Australia
64 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ECS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
still having trouble downsizing the image



Home-Built-Copy-Stand
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,694Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Forums