Hey guys, thought you may enjoy this. Where I work, it is a phone job, but pretty lax. I can have a lot of downtime, so I actually do some sorting while at work. What I do with them when done, is make a tower. Pictures don't do it justice, but I get 5-10 people a day who stop by to look it. The best thing about it, everyone gives me their pennies now! It is currently about 3 feet tall with roughly $65 in pennies.
I would say there is maybe 5-6 hours into it spread out. The best part is I am getting $30 an hour in that time. I do actually plan on taking it down eventually, running through the Ryedale to take the copper out, and will start again.
mine is actually based around cups. The reason I do this is co-workers will bump the walls here, and they do get lose, so I will use 2 of the exact same cup inverted to make sure everything is in place. In person the way the light hits each penny, and the different color pennies, it really has a neat effect. I am considering making one which I will actually glue, and remove the inside cups. I could place a light inside for a cool effect.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use