Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1922 No D? I Dont Know

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,354Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  8:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add brixxx27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l22...ITNv_rXQ.jpg

This cent appears on ebay as 1922 no d,but I think you can see traces of a d. you can see it or my sight is failing me already?

buy it would be a risk? or you can buy in confidence.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Pillar of the Community
Dave H's Avatar
United States
1436 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, I believe the coin may have been modified / tooled. The area where the "D" is supposed to be looked different in appearance than the rest of the coin. The 1922 No D is a coin I would only buy slabbed.
Pillar of the Community
yhbearcats's Avatar
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yhbearcats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


I also believe I see remnants of the "d". I would stay far away from this one. I would be extremely careful about buying a raw key date coin on ebay.

Too much can be done to alter pictures.
Pillar of the Community
westernsky's Avatar
United States
7734 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too many red flags...stay away from this one.
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brixxx27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks guys, for these things always I come to the opinion of experts
Pillar of the Community
edweather's Avatar
United States
7379 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've passed that one up many times. Won't even look at the listing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20753 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to have had the D removed with an electric eraser. Then the area touched up with gun bluing solution. I only say this because that looks like one that a person I know used to make them for fun.
Bedrock of the Community
BadThad's Avatar
United States
20057 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2014  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you're looking for a no D on ebay, only buy one in a reputable slab. There are thousands of fakes in the market and most of them are on ebay.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,354Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums