|
This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!
To participate in the forum you must log in or register. | Author |
Replies: 66 / Views: 25,152 |
|
|
|
New Member
United States
22 Posts |
Showcase Coins is run by Chris, who was a former employee of Williard Coin Exchange. He's a stand up guy. He was not "associated" with Abon, in terms of "He was in on the SGS stuff", but Williard Coin Exchange definitely knew what Larry was doing, and frequently did business with him. Chris, would bring product purchased to Abon, he would pick up product that Abon was selling to Willard.
Now, I don't say that to paint them in a negative light. I like Chris. I thought he was a good guy when I dealt with him while employed at Abon. But, the point needed clarification.
They had to know. They were in the building. If they didn't put 2+2 together and get 4, then I have less hope for them than the guy on one of the other forums, who had claimed that he had "figured it all out!" and had the puzzle pieces connected
(Here's a hint: He was wrong. In a Quixotic way)
The house was just removed from the market by Larry and Donna. Unless it "sold" in the same way that Abon "sold" and they are just living / renting, it is no longer for sale, and they are still there.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
12927 Posts |
* ping *
Is this going to quietly go away?
|
|
New Member
United States
22 Posts |
Sadly, around here it already has. Larry "sold" the business, and unless we hear that Larry has violated the conditions of his probation, we wont hear anything else. Mansfield is a funny place. Things happen. It looks bad, and they just... go away. It's a shame, but sadly I don't know if there is more to the story. Now, I can say that under the new business name they are back on ebay, but I don't see any graded coins. There are some raw coins, but nothing slabbed. http://stores.ebay.com/The-Market-Of-MansfieldAll of the people that I knew are gone, save for Ed. He and I never really saw "eye to eye" so to speak, so I doubt I'd have much of a warm reception if I walked through the door to check out the new place.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
12927 Posts |
Thanks for the follow-up, thatguy. It was definitely an interesting, if very unfortunate, story.
|
|
New Member
United States
22 Posts |
I keep waffling on actually coming out, and telling everything I know about the SGS operations. The problem is two fold really.
1.) I don't *think* that it was illegal. Was it a terrible business model? Yes. Was it awful? Yes. Do I wish I would have caught on to the problem faster than I did? Absolutely. If I were to say anything, I would want to make sure that I'm not setting myself up for doing time for something that I got away from the first chance I could. 2.) Telling my story would out me. I assure you, the Abon crony who was on here earlier has absolutely no idea who I am. If I came out and said what I know, how I know it, why I know it, there would be no more guesswork. Even written under an assumed name, Those who were associated with the business would know who spoke, and that would then open it up to a point where they would be able to sue me, claiming that It was libel, or defamation, or whatever. I have a life now. I don't necessarily want it upended by this, especially if it were just a cash grab.
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
2668 Posts |
Quote: Asset forfeiture has been served. Time to move on. There, Tryna, FTFY.
|
| |
Replies: 66 / Views: 25,152 |
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
- My Last Purchase: A Bronze Greek Coin Representing The Poetess Sappho
- How Many Countries Do You Have Coins From?
- Post Your Coins With Coats Of Arms, Shields, Crests, Crowns, Etc.
- How Far Back Can We Go? Ninth Edition!
- 1966 Nickel Die Adjustment Strike?
- Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money
- 1885-Zs Mexico - 25 Centavos W/Arcing Die Crack, Tilted & Re-Punched Reverse Die
- 1934 Peace Dollar NGC MS-67+ At Auction
- Will Our Coins Ever Be Valuable?
- G L B 49's MS-70 Perfect Silver Coins
- ID Help - Roman Provincial Coin
- 1894 Fifty Cents - Grade This Coin. It May Or May Not Be TPG.
- 1847 Undecimo Edge Great Britain Gothic Crown, Gothic Type, NGC PF61
- Error Opinions, 1971-D DDO, 1955-D/S, 1996-P Quarter
- Post Your Coins Representing The Animal Kingdom.
- Post Your Bird Coins
- Post Your Coin Or Medal With Flora
- Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions
- Post Your Coins Of Steel (And Iron)!
- Post Your Lion Coins!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
|
| Coin Community Forum |
© 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums |
| It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. |
 |
|
| |
| |