Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1835 Large Cent Small Stars/Small 8

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,801Next Topic
Page: of 2
New Member

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  8:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TimberBass to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I've had this since I was a child, my first coin I ever found. It was cleaned once a long time ago and sealed until a few days ago.Any help on this would be great :)
Thank you!

1835-Large-Cent--Small-Stars/Small-8

1835-Large-Cent--Small-Stars/Small-8
Edited by TimberBass
02/04/2015 8:35 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18927 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poor pics. Best guess is VF25. I do love the small 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
3185 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like vf details
Pillar of the Community
RK55's Avatar
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Check RK55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20
Pillar of the Community
Joe2007's Avatar
United States
3843 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 Details, cleaned.
New Member
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimberBass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
I'll take a very clear picture for you. I found it under a slate rock.
Edited by TimberBass
02/05/2015 1:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details
Pillar of the Community
Celticsoul's Avatar
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Celticsoul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
N-5 die variety. VF-25 sharpness EAC 15 cleaned and ugly retoning.
New Member
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2015  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimberBass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry again about the photo I took! The light shining down on it really changes the coloring .
Pillar of the Community
Celticsoul's Avatar
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2015  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Celticsoul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but being cleaned it has a rainbow effect going on that true large cent collectors like myself avoid. I understand that the coin was buried so it may be that the color when found was worse than this. What I look for is a nice even chocolate brown.
New Member
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2015  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimberBass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The color when I found it back in the 70's was black you couldn't even see it. I took it out of the case and it's sitting in the window. Thanks for the info again.
Pillar of the Community
Celticsoul's Avatar
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2015  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Celticsoul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The window sill is your best bet. Hopefully it will tone more evenly without the rainbow affect. It is a great coin and a difficult variety to get your hands on. Of course having been found years ago I'm sure it has a lot of sentimental value. As a large cent collector I just wish it looked like I want it to look.
Bedrock of the Community
IndianGoldEagle's Avatar
United States
37163 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2015  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 details
New Member
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimberBass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Celtic I tired to email you but is wouldn't allow me to.The bright sunlight helped and I had one of those very old tanning lights from the 70's. The rainbow is gone and has a nice color now. Thanks and btw the details seem to look much better now. The sun lamp broke fried itself :(.
New Member
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2016  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimberBass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
update the toning is getting better

1835-Large-Cent--Small-Stars/Small-8

1835-Large-Cent--Small-Stars/Small-8
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2016  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tanning lights - now there's something I never tried!



to the CCF!
  Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,801Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums