Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Help With A Grade And Value - 1853 3 Cent PEIce

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,312Next Topic  
Valued Member
RES's Avatar
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  1:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RES to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hey everyone. One of the retirees that I know is selling off his collection. I want to add this 3 cent to my collection since I don't have a silver yet, but I have no idea what it is worth due to the scratches on it. What does it grade to and how do I figure out how much it is worth?

What would any of you pay for it?

Help-With-A-Grade-And-Value---1853-3-Cent-PEIce

Help-With-A-Grade-And-Value---1853-3-Cent-PEIce
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mikey07nj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pass on this and watch auctions ending on ebay you can pick up that grade without the scratches and uncleaned for between $10 to &20. When I buy collections and find stuff like that in the lot I give them to kids who are amazed by them and gets them interested in the hobby
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A cpl bucks maybe.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would pass. It looks cleaned and it has those obverse scratches.
Valued Member
RES's Avatar
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RES to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well he needs to sell everything though, so what would it be worth?
Pillar of the Community
MeadowviewCollector's Avatar
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were me, I might find some other coins I was interested in and try a bundle deal (e.g. these 5 for $10.00)
Valued Member
RES's Avatar
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RES to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's where I'm headed with most of his coins. I think I'm probably going to have to offer melt on most of it all.
Pillar of the Community
Joe2007's Avatar
United States
3843 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$2 to 3 dollars and that is probably being generous.
Valued Member
coin_kid's Avatar
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_kid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$1. Cleaned and scratched.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18927 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a collector it would not have any value other than the silver which is minimal
Pillar of the Community
Celticsoul's Avatar
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2015  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Celticsoul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently picked up a similar 1853 without the scratches for $16.
Pillar of the Community
Imthealphaomega's Avatar
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2015  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd offer 5 bucks maximum....it has a lot of issues with it...
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Forums