Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Licinius I Ae Follis Attribution

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,119Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2015  5:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I think I have a Licinius I coin that I pulled out of a junk box.

From Wildwinds:

Cyzicus
RIC VII 9,Z Licinius I AE Follis. AD 317-320. IMP LICINIVS AVG, laureate draped bust left holding mappa, orb & sceptre / IOVI CONSERVATORI AVGG, Jupiter standing left with Victory on a globe & sceptre, wreath left, Z right, SMK in ex.

Licinius-I-Ae-Follis-Attribution

Licinius-I-Ae-Follis-Attribution
Pillar of the Community
Augustus Maximus's Avatar
Italy
1790 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2015  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Augustus Maximus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I like it. Not the best of condition but certainly a solid one to have.
Also what is the weight of this coin?
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2015  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice but check those edges for BD.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2015  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it's RIC VII 24, from the Nicomedia mint.
IMP LICINIVS AVG
IOVI CONSERVATORI AVGG
SMN
Pillar of the Community
United States
1047 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2015  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Biancasdad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Echizento on the attribution.

Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2015  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must have misunderstood what "Z right" meant... Is that a "Z" to the right of Jupiter?
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,119Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums