I've been going through my neglected world coins recently and found this token. It was part of a lot of various world coins from a friend of my grandparents and was sorted (by him) with the Belgian coins. I can't seem to find it by a Google search. The "75 CENTIMES" design looks similar to some French tokens listed on Numista. Can anyone give more information? Diameter is approximately 24mm. Thanks
I'm not saying that I'm an expert on the matter, but I do recognize this kind of token. These were (and still are, in a way) quite popular in especially France as non-refundable consumption tokens in bars, restaurants and cafes. I can't tell you which one exactly, as there are literally thousands of different varieties and denominations. I estimate that it's about 100 to 80 years old, as that seems plausible for the value listed on the token.
If it happens to be a token out of Belgium, then it must be the southern part called Walloon, as that's the part where French is spoken. I would put my money on France, though.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use