Greetings from balmy Charleston, SC. I'm a scientist/fly rod builder/dad and now (again) numismatist, having come back to coin collecting after my dad got into it recently in his retirement. My eldest 2 children really enjoy going through LWCs with me and helping their granddad fill gaps in his secondary and tertiary albums - he's given each of my kids a healthy album of LWCs, Buffalo nickels and merc dimes (and is now trying to figure out what to give our most recent addition who's just 5 weeks old).
I spend most of my time as a molecular biologist, thinking of how I'm going to justify the cost of the next bag of LWCs to look for DDOs and RPMs, and upgrading some of the lower-grade coins in the kids' albums.
Thanks for all of the useful info, as I've lurked for years here, and the pleasant attitudes that are so rare on (gasp) fly fishing forums.
I'm also a scientist and also know your pain about coming back to collecting when family budgeting says NO, NO, NO! In my case, that was during a corporate posting in Europe 20 years ago, where I learned about medieval and Renaissance coins.
Wow, Charleston! Maybe America's most beautiful historic city. I love visiting.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use