Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1817 Large Cent Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,981Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  11:51 am Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Opinions on the grade/general condition of this 1817 large cent are much appreciated. TIA.

1817-Large-Cent-Grade?
1817-Large-Cent-Grade?
Pillar of the Community
USSID18's Avatar
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How long you been here robbudo? I know you can give us better pictures then that!
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree () - larger and brighter if you can!
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry, it is from an auction that I'm on the fence about - and these are the 'good' pictures they provide.
Pillar of the Community
USSID18's Avatar
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although they are much much better then Coinfrog's pictures, because he pretty much posts none.
Pillar of the Community
USSID18's Avatar
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm sorry, it is from an auction that I'm on the fence about - and these are the 'good' pictures they provide.


That figures. An auction with bad pictures, not surprising!

In that case, from where I sit I see a nice coin. High grade EF/AU, maybe cleaned at one point.
Pillar of the Community
Steelers72's Avatar
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58. I brightened my screen and it has nice details from what I can see
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID - Hey, I've posted hundreds of pics!

robbudo - Nice looking for sure, certainly EF from what I can see. Sure doesn't look like an old cleaning to me.
Edited by Coinfrog
12/25/2018 1:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
SilverDollar2017's Avatar
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to grade from these pics, but looks AU to me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18940 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58 I like it
Bedrock of the Community
IndianGoldEagle's Avatar
United States
37206 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 with a shot at AU-58
Pillar of the Community
Fayette1800's Avatar
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fayette1800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks high AU to me as well.
Pillar of the Community
ty88ty2's Avatar
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6883 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pics are very dark. but I'm in at au 58
Valued Member
eternallogan's Avatar
Canada
314 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eternallogan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think a TPG would grade this one 55
Pillar of the Community
bandsdean's Avatar
United States
2125 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2018  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see it sold for $328.54. Was it you who won? Looks like a nice coin for sure!
  Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,981Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums