Hi, I just came across an odd penny and was wondering if anyone else has seen any like this or know more about them. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, it appears not to have the letter T and looks like a T and Y struck.
Tyvm everyone. So basically something hit the top of the T hard enough for it to fold down into a Y shape is the thinking? That was my guess because the extra Y has a perfect rise to it as the letter. What I did find odd is at the top of the extra Y it is filled in. Weird coin indeed, guessing nobody ran into something like this? On a good note I did find some foriegn and some nice condition wheaties while hunting.
... and found 9 foreign (Canadians) Question, do you save all the Canadians or only older ones? My oldest was 1964 and the newest 1984. The 64 is a nice design, I kept them all because they are no longer minted in Canada. Just wondering what others do with them.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use