Hi... I have this 1896 Naser Al Din Shah Qajar silver coin This coin was minted for 50th anniversary of his reign as Shah and he was assassinated during the ceremony in the same month these coins were minted. My question is do you guys think this coin has been cleaned? and what do you guys think it's worth? I've been seeing a lot of mixed prices thank & 🙏;
Yes it looks cleaned. Which isn't unusual for a world coin that old.
Wasn't sure who that person was, so it took a little more research. Would have helped if you had indicated country of origin. Once I had it narrowed down to Iran I found some stuff. Here's a couple links.
Not sure I would trust NGC values in this case. I tried to cross reference it with my Krause catalog. (which is where their values are supposed to come from) but I couldn't fine 5 Krans in that year. (1313) Some 10 Krans with similar design. Some 2 Krans from earlier years with the typical lion design.
So after all that, not sure if you know any more than before. I'll keep looking.
thanks for the replies... I mentioned on the title that it belongs to Naser Al Din Shah Qajar... honestly I've tried to sell this coin on ebay but the listing was taken down because of the US sanctions placed on goods from Iran and its sort of illegal to sell it apparently! comparing it to all the listings this is very rare coin I think it would bring anywhere from 1k to 2k in the right auction
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use