Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Task - To Noodle A Complete Set Of The Great Aussie Coin Hunt 'A' To 'Z'

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 528 / Views: 42,782Next Topic
Page: of 36
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
87th $100

I was hoping that jbuck's premonition would come to fruition but unfortunately it didn't ... came close though!

2019 A to Z - 'P' for Platypus
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 AUS - scored a hat trick 'A', 'U' & 'S' privy marks
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2014 MOR - low mintage (1.052 M)
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

Still looking for 3!

Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was hoping that jbuck's premonition would come to fruition but unfortunately it didn't ... came close though!


Oh well. I will let you know the next time I get a feeling.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surely TAB or similar has picked up on this. Where do I place my bets...
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2020  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
88th $100

Worst result so far ... not even one 2019 coin of any description to be found!

Only thing of interest were these three #STOP ADANI stickers https://www.stopadani.com/
... first time I've come across the use of stickers on coins as a form of advertising.
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

Still 3 to go!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
89th $100

A little better today ... 2 Letters but not ones that I need!

2019 A to Z - 'G' for G'Day & 'N' for Neighbours
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 AUS - 'A' privy mark x 3
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

3 still to find!

Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
88th $100... Worst result so far ... not even one 2019 coin of any description to be found!


Quote:
89th $100... A little better today ... 2 Letters but not ones that I need!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
90th $100

A few more 2019 coins showing up ... and a Letter that I already have!

2019 A to Z - 'E' for Esky
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 AUS - 'U' privy mark (a little rough for a fairly new coin)
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 JC effigy x 2
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 IRB effigy x 2
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2005 60th Anniversary of the end of WW2 - weak strike or wear?
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

Still looking for 3 Letters!

Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
90th $100... A few more 2019 coins showing up ... and a Letter that I already have!
Very nice! I can feel you getting closer.

My latest prediction: You will find the antepenultimate letter before the hundredth hundred.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest prediction: You will find the antepenultimate letter before the hundredth hundred.


I definitely had to google that one ... I hope you're correct jbuck!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I definitely had to google that one


Quote:
I hope you're correct jbuck!
We shall see!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
91st $100

Another Letter but not one I need!

2019 A to Z - 'K' for Kangaroo
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 JC effigy x 3
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2019 IRB effigy
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

Seems like I'm stuck on 3!

Valued Member
squaremealroundplate's Avatar
Australia
185 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

coaster " seems like I'm stuck on 3 " . Hmm... after us all following your very patient and determined A to Z $1 coin countdown journey with great interest, how about we start a drum roll for you ?

BTW, you realise it will be the very last $1 will be the hardest to find ?

It's Murphy's law ! I fixed that one armed Murhpy up a while ago for all the simplistic and annoying laws he imposes on us :- he was high up his ladder and I waved to him.....and he waved back....oops !!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
91st $100

Another Letter but not one I need!

2019 A to Z - 'K' for Kangaroo
Still nice.

Can we see the count for each letter?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can we see the count for each letter?


No problem!

A-0, B-0, C-2, D-4, E-3, F-1, G-6, H-7, I-2, J-7, K-4, L-0, M-3, N-5, O-3, P-3, Q-1, R-2, S-1, T-4, U-1, V-5, W-2, X-3, Y-1, Z-4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1366 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
92nd $100

Nothing much to speak of!

2019 AUS - S' privy mark
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

2001 International Year of Volunteers - nice condition
Task---To-Noodle-A-Complete-Set-Of-The-Great-Aussie-Coin-Hunt--'A'-To-'Z'

Still 3 to go!

  Previous TopicReplies: 528 / Views: 42,782Next Topic
Page: of 36

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Forums