I recently retired and decided to take up numismatics as a hobby. Initially I will be collecting small denomination coins, and have recently purchased 1000 old coins from the estate of a collector who had been collecting for 75 years (he died at 95). I am first going through the pennies, the first group of which ranges from 1859 to 1969. I've recently submitted my first coins to PCGS for evaluation and grading and am anxious to receive the results.
To CCF , Good going on that Estate coin pickup . You say you are new at coin collecting . Did you have a good idea about the grade of the coins before you sent them in to PCGS ? Had you posted photos here we might have been able to save you a bunch of money . There is a lot of experts on this forum that knows coin grading very well . Please excuse me if I'm stepping on your toes , just trying to help newbies anyway I can .
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use