Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My Fractional Note Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 278 / Views: 21,772Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
hfjacinto's Avatar
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang Hokie!! I decided to just use my fractionals as kindling! These are WOW!!

When you starting an 1804 silver dollar collection? I need you to stop collecting Fractionals.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195796 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Two new fractional notes added this week. Making some progress, slowly but surely!
Outstanding!
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheSerialFlorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are really cool looking! do they have a serial number anywhere?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3807 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those are really cool looking! do they have a serial number anywhere?

Thank you, and to the forum!

The fractional notes did not have serial numbers. The first and second issues also did not have signatures; all the 3rd through 5th series notes have signatures (some examples hand-signed), except for the 3rd issue 3 cent notes.
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Edited by hokiefan_82
12/06/2022 4:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3807 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, hfjacinto, Coinfrog and jbuck!

And, @hfjacinto, I do have an 1804 silver dollar in an NGC holder. Well, at least a nicely done 1oz .999 silver replica which came with the book "The Dollar of 1804".
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Valued Member
sirguardian's Avatar
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not as nice, but still fun.
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195796 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3807 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those look great, sirguardian!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3807 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2022  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was recently telling a fellow forum member I was taking a hiatus from making any coin/currency purchases, but I already slipped...
I picked up a couple new fractional notes and the first one arrived today. Though I spent a bit more than I'd planned for this Friedberg number, I'm quite happy with its overall appearance.
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195796 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2022  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up a couple new fractional notes and the first one arrived today. Though I spent a bit more than I'd planned for this Friedberg number, I'm quite happy with its overall appearance.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
hfjacinto's Avatar
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man that was a long hiatus!! Could be worse, you could have purchased a beautiful note from a fellow collector and still look at currency websites and drool. Or even worse sell some astro gear to get a nice colonial note.

When you getting some colonials?

But I digress, beautiful FR1279.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3807 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2022  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, jbuck and hfjacinto!


Quote:
Could be worse, you could have purchased a beautiful note from a fellow collector and still look at currency websites and drool.

Fortunately I have a waterproof keyboard now! That's my problem - when I get one of my dream coins/notes, then I just start looking for the next one!

Sorry, I don't get rid of my Astros gear... Funny you mentioned colonials - I was just earlier looking at a nice Pennsylvania 1 shilling note from 1775. I'm still resisting, however, as that's a rabbit hole I'm (so far) not wanting to go down...
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3807 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2022  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the other note I'd ordered which finally showed up today. A 10 cent 3rd issue red back, Fr#1251.
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195796 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2023  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the other note I'd ordered which finally showed up today. A 10 cent 3rd issue red back, Fr#1251.
Outstanding!
Valued Member
Jimjumper's Avatar
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2023  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimjumper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one of the reasons we are lucky enough to have the variety of fractional today. This is a counterfeit of an FR-1317. Fractional currency was widely, and quickly, counterfeited.
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
My-Fractional-Note-Collection
  Previous TopicReplies: 278 / Views: 21,772Next Topic
Page: of 19

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Forums