| Author |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,025 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1524 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1524 Posts |
This was given too me many years ago. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts |
Good start. You have all the modern 20 cent coins except 2020 and the 2014 wide date.
My threads explain them more, they are on this part of the boards.
The Waitangi dollar is a common NCLT coin. It shows Treaty House in the Bay of Islands, where the treaty was signed, it was also a year in which the Queen visited New Zealand and the Treaty House.
|
|
New Member
Australia
30 Posts |
Hi Princetane,
I wanted to ask; have you found any Australian 20 cent coins in your change before?
When I started collecting a few months ago, I looked through my wallet and found a New Zealand 20 cent and Fijian 5 cent. Not sure if you pay in cash or if you have any experience but I'm just interested if you have ever encountered them?
|
|
Moderator
 Australia
17006 Posts |
Back when NZ and Australia had coins of exactly the same specifications, Australian coins turned up in change in NZ far more often and NZ coins turned up in change here. Anyone who lived in New Zealand prior to 2006 is going to have received Australian coins in their change, quite regularly.
There's far less scope for co-circulation these days, with NZ coins all different sizes and compositions now. The old NZ 20 cent coins no longer circulate at all.
If I had to guess, I would guess that Australian 10 cent pieces might still regularly turn up in change, as they are near enough in size to a current 50 cent piece. And I imagine that getting a foreign 10 cent piece when you hoped to get a 50 cent piece is cause for considerable anguish and frustration. But Australian 20 cent pieces in change should now be a thing of the past, as they are not similar in size/composition to any current NZ coin.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1524 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1524 Posts |
New Zealand coins only 5 and 10 cents found in circulation
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
Quote:
The old NZ 20 cent coins no longer circulate at all.
Maybe not in NZ but in Oz there is still a healthy Kiwi population residing alongside their Aussie contemporaries. On average I find 5-6 Kiwi 20c coins for every 500 20c noodled.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
2583 Posts |
Good to see that the modern NZ 20's have a point of difference from the Aussie coins. They look great. And nice half crowns there Allcoinage Oh, I do like the NZ half crown. What a neat looking coin. A fusion of symbolism. I want some. I need to research them, though I'm sure Princetane will have all of the info.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1524 Posts |
Thanks too all and yes princetane will be able too assist with new Zealand still wondering what was with 1998 5 cebt coin no water.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
2583 Posts |
Quote: still wondering what was with 1998 5 cebt coin no water. whoa...what 1998 5c coin?....did I miss something  No water?... 
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Australia
1524 Posts |
Yes look on 1982 new Zealand 5 cent no water topic.
|
| |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,025 |
|