I purchased this coin as part of an auction lot of 10, paying $80.00 for all. The low quality pictures in the auction lot showed this as possibly being an 18/7. In researching the topic, I looked for the 3 common diagnostics. There seems to be remnants of the die clash E to the left of her right leg. The S mint mark seems to match being close to the star. There also seems to be the raised metal "pimple" to the left of the bottom right star. Most importantly, there does appear to be a 7 over the 8, however with the condition of the date I am not sure. Any thoughts from more experienced collectors would be appreciated.
I am by NO MEANS an SLQ guy...but my first reaction to seeing the full obverse pic was just like yours...that top right of the 8 sure does look promising...? fingers crossed for you! Looking fwd to what the experts have to say. Do you have this coin in hand or are these the pics from the auction? Better pics would surley help... For $80 what a thrill!!! smat
Thanks for the feedback so far. The third picture shows what I think is the raised "pimple" diagnostic to the left of the bottom right star. I zoomed in, shot the picture with side lighting, and circled the raised area. I attempted several closeup shots of the date, but with the worn condition the image is actually worse. These are my shots of the coin, which I picked up a few days ago.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use