| Author |
Replies: 12 / Views: 1,021 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
552 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
27514 Posts |
Linear plating bubble? Poke it with a toothpick.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
552 Posts |
Okay, tried that but still Visible. On Error-ref what do I search for? Something for me to read and get a better understanding?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
552 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
Hondo calls it, linear platting bubble, commonly seen on these junk coins.
Edited by Coinfrog 12/20/2024 9:16 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
552 Posts |
So I'm uploading junk coins? What are non junk coins?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1503 Posts |
I believe Coinfrog is referring to 1982 and later copper plated zinc coins, a.k.a. "zincolns".
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
552 Posts |
Yea I figured lol. I just have so Many I want to skip but don't want to at the same time
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7368 Posts |
Just keep posting them...we are here for that reason. Remember we all started out the same way. And/or keep reading through Error-ref
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
552 Posts |
oh for sure. Frog keeps it real and much apricated
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
552 Posts |
Side note is it me or Does almost Every 1988 has heavy Die scratches? Trying to find if this is something of common and at this point I would have to say yes lol
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108187 Posts |
I'll lean on linear plating bubble as stated above.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79639 Posts |
Yep, a Linear Plating Bubble.
Errers and Varietys.
|
| |
Replies: 12 / Views: 1,021 |
|