There are 3 coin collecting groups in my area. I have attended meeting of all the groups and none of the groups do anything towards educations. Their main focus is the auctions they have at every meeting.
After I left one of these meetings the other night I decided that I want to start a Numismatic Society that will focus much more on education. I am looking for this to cover both coins and paper money.
My Numismatic Society will have a Library that members can borrow materials from. I envision that we will have a monthly meeting where we will cover an education topic about coins or paper money. In the future I plan on trying to get sponsorship from local dealers. I would also like to be able to hold a nice size show and sale about twice a year.
I have most of the details tentatively worked out for the above Society. I just need help finding places that I can get educational coin info that I can use at the meetings.
Ask your local coin dealer to do a presentation for your group. Maybe each one in the group could be responsible for a presentation or a local historian, historical society?
Once established with a ligitamate name you may want to contact organizations like Coin World, Numismatic News, etc. for possible free samples of their magazines. At one coin show I go to there are always such samples on a table near the door which I understand are donations. Also, try coin shows and ask dealers if they would like to submit anything such as advertisements of their stores.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use