Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

What Are Your 2026 Numismatic Collecting Goals?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 98 / Views: 5,816Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5302 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list
For some reason I haven't posted in this thread for over 6 months.
I am currently working on the following:

1. Curacao & The Netherlands Antilles set. - I am missing a couple of commemoratives which I should be able to pick up when I visit family in Europe again next year.
2. Provincial Coins of Utrecht. - I hope to see a few of these at the upcoming World's Fair of Money in Pittsburgh. Though you gotta get lucky to find any decent looking examples.
3 Music related coins and notes. - Still looking for a 5,000,000 Mark note from Heidelberg featuring Walther von der Vogelweide.
4. Birthyear Set Collection. - Moving ahead slowly.
5. Sell coins from the Baltics related to music. They don't appeal to me as much as they did before. - No progress on this front. I'm not in a hurry.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Mobile Number Portability ? Maximum Negative Pressure ? Marine Natural Product ? You young 'uns and your acronyms. . .
MintedNotPrinted.

I was replying to two replies at one time without quoting.

And technically just an initialism, unless you choose to pronounce MNP and minp.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I am currently working on the following:
Better late than never. Thank you for the update.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2146 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Sorry. . .didn't mean to be obtuse. . .it happens sometimes.
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
Do not beat yourself up. I could have been more clear.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2146 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Maybe I like to beat myself up. . .I purchase from the US Mint !
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Maybe I like to beat myself up. . .I purchase from the US Mint !
Which is even more brutal this year!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2146 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2026  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Minted Not Printed wrote:

Quote:
I think my main goal is to actually join PCGS and send some coins in... I've got a few errors and sentimental pieces I'd like to see slabbed.


A video interview with the President of PCGS conducted at the 2026 ANA Convention included news that PCGS would be modifying requirements for submission, including eliminating the membership requirement. The interview did not include timelines. . .
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
Quarter 3 Report.

1. Fill the last three core Dansco album holes—No progress.
7000: 1916-D Mercury dime.
8100: 1909-S VDB and 1922 "Plain" (no D).


2. Buy whatever appeals to me from 2026 US Mint offerings
2026 Silver Proof Set received!
2026 Uncirculated Mint Set received!
2026 Clad Proof Set is on the way—eventually.
2026 Innovation Dollars Reverse Proof Set—I forgot this on my original list. It is coming soon as well.


3. Add more Ike and WWII related coins from around the world—No progress.

4. Photograph and move my world coins from 2x2 holders into various standard Dansco pages—Work in Progress! You can see coin photos in this topic. I will get more done once things get less-busy around here, hopefully before year end.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2146 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Q3 Report

Fulfilled Subscriptions:

1. Mint Set (P)(D)
2. Proof Set (S)
3. Silver Proof Set (S)
4. American Innovation Reverse Proof Set (S)
5. Enhanced Uncirculated Peace dollar (W)
6. SQ Half Dollar Two Roll Set (P)(D) 9/11 Privy version roll on order.
7. ASE Congrats Set (P)
8. Enhanced Uncirculated ASE (W)
9. ASE Proof (W)
10. Emerging Liberty Dimes: 2 Roll Set and $20 Bag
11. Enhanced Uncirculated Morgan dollar, Reverse Proof Peace, Enhanced Uncirculate Peace
12. Diamond Field Two Coin Set - Morgan & Peace dollars.

Other Pursuits:

1. Add 1939,1940,1945,1946, 1947 graded Walking Liberty halves to complete my 1939 - 1947 WWII era short set. Done.
2. Upgraded 1955, 1956, 1957 USM Proof Sets
3. Added PF70 Graded 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set
4. Identify Coins / Sets for grading in Q1/Q2, 2027.
5. Keeping track of jbuck's inextricable progress towards 200,000 posts. . .
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Edited by cptbilly
10/02/2026 09:24 am
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JennyCents to your friends list
No specific goals - just buying what I think is a good deal with the possibility of selling for a bit of a profit.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Q3 Report
Looking good!


Quote:
No specific goals - just buying what I think is a good deal with the possibility of selling for a bit of a profit.
Nothing wrong with that.
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samoth to your friends list
2026 Goal: Acquire every rarity (around URS-5/Sheldon R-7) in my exceedingly specialized field that comes to market.

3Q26: No progress/no rarities came to market that I needed.

I did pick up a nice 1492 kortling & a battleship note for my Dad at the ANA, though, & got to meet up with the big name author in early dateds.
Edited by samoth
10/02/2026 8:13 pm
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Empty_Pockets to your friends list
My collection runs the gamet of most collectable coins, like one for each denomination, of modern coins that is.
So to focus on a certain variety I'm going to collect Lincoln Cents.
Joanne
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196204 Posts
Previous TopicReplies: 98 / Views: 5,816Next Topic
Page: of 7
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Forums