Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Grading Barber Halves

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,230Next Topic  
Valued Member
coinish's Avatar
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2012  7:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinish to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I am checking my Barber halves for their worth, and I see the Red Book says a BH grades VG if there are "some letters legible in LIBERTY." I take it that "some" means more than 1.

I have some that have a legible "L" and most of the "I." Would they grade VG?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1590 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2012  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
usually a net of 3
Valued Member
ldhair's Avatar
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2012  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ldhair to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use 3 letters and a full rim.
I'm thinking that is the ANA standard.
Valued Member
LogPotato's Avatar
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2012  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LogPotato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,230Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Forums