Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

May 2014 Releases

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 22,454Next Topic
Page: of 12
Valued Member

Canada
84 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  10:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Windscar1137 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Writing it up at the moment, please entertain yourselves here when the post is up.

Enjoy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6680 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your posts, like a extra adrenaline into the blood, Winsdcar, appreciate!

BTW, will you post it here, or other forum?

**Looks like Steamboat Willie (beautiful NZ Mint edition) will steal the people attention for a while from RCM May coins.
Valued Member
Canada
480 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chubbycheeks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I'm surprised at how popular steamboat willie is as well. I thought my family were the only ones who still have interest in classic Disney. I didn't even bother waking up to place my order, you could say I almost miss the boat.

But hot or not my main interest will probably always be in the RCM. And I know everyone's talked about this for the last while now but I almost hope there will be a crash of some type so they can return to reality.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
644 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCanuck94 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I woke up early and ordered two silver steamboat willies. I've seen one sell on eBay already for $160 CDN. I'm keeping one for my own personal collection and may end up selling the other down the road. I really like the coin design and wooden case that it comes in, well worth the money.
Edited by CoinCanuck94
04/16/2014 12:02 pm
Valued Member
Canada
84 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windscar1137 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Completed and I agree those coins are indeed nice, good collector value and potential resell.

Seek RFD for my post.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-...165863/2498/
Edited by Windscar1137
04/16/2014 1:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1304 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing for me. NOTHING - period. I'm done - after I get the 1/2 kilo Wolf - well, then I'm done. Budget is blown for the whole year already, and there wasn't even any 'hoard' coins this year. Boy I was bad. LOL.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6680 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot, Windscar!

Fortunately, nothing really inspire here my interest.

Just to see:
**if the Antique Finish coin is attractive...
**what the 2-nd coin of Sacred Teachings looks like ... (i think to get 1 or 2 from the series)...
**eagles again? Did they use "Chicken head" for the gold and platinum coins, or reused the 50c gold coin image?

Mongolian Manul bites some part of mine budget, but IMO, this coin better than group some of 3 $100 RCM coins...
Valued Member
Canada
84 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windscar1137 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2nd Sacred Teaching coin is Gold plated buffalo and then picture a no face person past out riding the buffalo and then some wheat symbols in the background.

Best way I can explain it lol.

All the eagle pictures from what I can tell are new, separate from everything and antique finish is pretty interesting, definitely looks like an oxidized bronze medal type of thing.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
871 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsinger21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I most likely pass on the May release. The stained glass seems interesting but I want to see some pictures.

I also want to see the 1/2kg wolf. Looks nice on paper but want to see an actual photo myself.
Valued Member
Canada
246 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mlalonde1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not much interessing... I think I really lost appeal for coins... Too much release again! Also new series!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
814 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solidifier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah nothing for me.....more interested in the NZ mint steamboat willie coin!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RCM finally cured my NCLT Addiction:)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4932 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There will be some wicked sales latter on this year, the dealers must be stuck with endless coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7555 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Windscar1137: Thanks for the info!

One question: What is the finish on the WWI dollar in the proof set? I am curious about your "5 different finishes for 5 different coins" comment.

Thanks.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
84 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windscar1137 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Five different finishes and world-class engraving bring added dimension to this image of a couple's last embrace before his departure."
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1749 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2014  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pocket change 50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I'm going to wait for sales on RCM coins. I saved 20% with the shopping channel sale, plus I have it spread over 6 payments. Makes it easier on credit card. I grabbed 4 steamboat Willie coins this morning from Gwako. They are definitely cheaper than RCM. I'm surprised there's no talk in the Aussie section on this coin. Their forum is very quiet.
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 22,454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: