Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Ebay Steals And Deals...or Complete Fails

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,627Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
81 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  9:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Let's get a thread going to show off your latest eBay buys. Steals and deals...or your complete disaster buys. I'll start with these two war-time nickels that came in the mail today. A 43P/P and a 45 D/D. Both SEGS graded MS65. Total paid for the pair: $6.86.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this as part of a lot of about 50 cents, supposedly from an older coin shop liquidation.

There were some really nice clean MS grade LWC's from the 40's, but this one takes the cake.

Total for the lot was $42.00

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8895 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing too crazy from eBay, there was this I guess. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Junk-....m2749.l2649
I bought one a while back and it turned out to be a very strong Doubled Die
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1937 D 3 Legged Buffalo, got graded F12 Cleaned, for only $1.50. My best deal on eBay, but I've gotten way better ones in other places!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3256 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I just bought a grab bag liquidation sale thing off of eBay. It arrives in two days. Hopefully I'll find some good finds in it. I'll keep you guys posted.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SilverCents, sounds fun! Also, congrats on 500 posts!
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I combined my liking of two things - silver and razors. For a little under $27, I was the winning bidder on a Gillette Atra razor with an English sterling silver handle. Total weight was 60 grams, so I figured it should be a very good deal, assuming that the handle doesn't have too much filler. (The head that holds the blade cartridge is not silver, and weighs roughly 20 grams.)

I'm also hoping someone here can identify the markings. There's a lion, a crown, and a "B".

Edited by Pauldog
08/05/2019 11:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
766 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got 45 Canadian silver nickels for 30 shipping included
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased this auction of 2 1964 proof sets 2 weeks ago. One of the sets looked to have an accented hair JFK. It was hard to tell from the pictures. I was going to ask the seller if one proof set had an accented hair JFK. But, I decided to take a chance on the purchase. I had messaged the seller on other items, and she was not familiar with coins. She was selling her dad's coins.

I won both sets for $28.00 plus $3.74 shipping for a total $31.74. I always include shipping as part of the coin's price. When I got the sets, I lucked out. One of the the proof sets was indeed an accented hair JFK. I am pleased with the purchase.

Both sets

Accent hair JFK

Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a little digging. The lion means sterling silver, and the crown means Sheffield (as opposed to London, Birmingham, or Edinburgh).

That style of "JB" mark means John Biggin.

The Gillette Atra twin blade razor was introduced in 1977, but the "B" in the shield means the handle is from 1944 at the latest. In addition, the symbol for Sheffield changed from a crown to a rose around 1974.

The Atra was sold in England as the Contour, but the head here is marked "Atra." It seems that someone in the USA put an Atra head on an old dinnerware handle.

After reading this article, I now think there's a good chance that my razor contains somewhat less silver than a Morgan dollar:
https://www.redollar.com/faq/silver...-handle.html

I had been expecting more, but it depends on how much filler is in this particular handle.
Edited by Pauldog
08/06/2019 04:08 am
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm surprised that there are not may post on this topic. I've got a few more to add.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm surprised that there are not may post on this topic. I've got a few more to add.
I would not call my latest buys steals or deals. .

Just normal purchases.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24599 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1930 Lincoln MS-63BN... $2.50

Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70481 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a beauty, IGE!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10471 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A while back I thought I was getting a good deal on a Trade dollar. When I got the coin in hand it was stamped with the word 'COPY' on the reverse, I'll see if I can find it and post it.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,627Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: