Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Limited Edition 2021 Silver Proof Set - American Eagle Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 5,218Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
4349 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  11:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I read that the Mint will be releasing the LESPS to include 2 silver eagles in it.

From the U.S. Mint site:

Quote:
This is the only year this set boasts two American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coins! All six coins in the set contain 99.9% fine silver:

American Eagle Silver Proof Coin - New Design (San Francisco)
American Eagle Silver Proof Coin - Classic Design (West Point)

Pillar of the Community
United States
3105 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fittingly so, Being their were TWO releases The S and The W !!!!!!!!!........ This set will be another fiasco Too........... EDIT, Just visited the Mint's site, The 2021 TY-2 UNC is Now, After a couple days, Unavailable !!!!!!!
Edited by morgans dad
09/10/2021 11:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4349 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4387 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This will sell fast. You can probably break out the coins and make a little profit selling the coins individually.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joenac69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had tried enrolling to receive them and they wouldn't allow me to and this was a while ago..So I'm assuming its going to be quite interesting attempting to be able to purchase these reverse proofs. Obviously when I have been seeing them Sold on ebay (confirmed sale) for a ridiculous amount of money 600 -900 dollars. What id like to know is how can some have access when they aren't even released as of yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4349 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that there will be any proof in the set mentioned in this topic. We were talking about the limited edition silver proof sets here, but I'll entertain your comment on the reverse proofs for a minute.

Certain releases of coins and coin sets are not available to be placed on the enrollment program, just like this above mentioned LESPS AND the one you mentioned (the reverse silver eagles) which is a 2-coin set and a one off set at that. prior to the sale date to the general public the Mint releases a small amount to dealers days prior to the release. The dealers can then resell out their new stock.

BTW -
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember buying last years LESPS, sale went right through with no need to re-boot or prove I was a human...I fell this year might be different...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm lucky to get this set, another budget busting purchase this year, to tell or not tell my wife.
Edited by livingwater
09/12/2021 08:39 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4349 Posts
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would've been neat if it was a complete 2021 set to include Morgan and Peace dollars ....
Pillar of the Community
United States
4349 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would've been neat if it was a complete 2021 set to include Morgan and Peace dollars ..

And completely out of reach for a ton of folks on a limited budget..
Edited by Dearborn
09/13/2021 11:27 am
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phillyprod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what do we think? At 50K, is this release going to be as much of a cluster as other recent releases?
Learn More...
United States
106659 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I might have gone for this if I failed to get the reverse proof two coin set today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1590 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same proof coins that they have already released though, I'm sure it sells out but does anyone know how many 2021 Type1 W or 2021 Type2 S they sold as singles?
Learn More...
United States
106659 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Same proof coins that they have already released though,
True, but I passed on those holding out for the reverse proof set. I do not need both finishes, just both types in one kind of proof.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11371 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, this product, like most of the other 2021 offerings, has had its packaging quality really take a hit. One of the selling points (if you could call it that) of the LESPS was the special packaging. Now it's just the flocked tray. The $235 price tag and the fact that I already have all of these coins makes this a hard pass for me.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 5,218Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: