Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Well I Finally Managed To Complete My US Mint Souvenir Sets For Both Philly And Denver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 0 / Views: 6Next Topic  
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107839 Posts
 Posted Today  6M ago Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
The Denver Souvenir sets started in 1972 and ran continuously up to 1998 - I now have 1 from every year.
Getting the Denver sets was comparatively easy when compared to the Philadelphia sets

The Philly sets were much more harder to find and afford. From 1973 to 1990 the prices were reasonable, but from 1991 to 1998 each set had a price tag of $500.00 or much more - I saw one set for sale at $1200.00. I didn't think that I would EVER get the 1991 to 1998 sets.
But a few days ago, I found a seller that looked like he was dumping his collection, and each set that I needed cost me on average about $160.00 and had every one I needed, so I bought them all

For the Philly Souvenir sets I have from 1973 up to 1998 (minus the 1997 set)
Philly did not have a set for sale 1972, but instead produced a VERY small 'experimental' sets - from whet I found only 5 were created in 1972.
As for the 1997 set, the mint saw diminishing sales on these and only minted 100 sets - So I have a next to zero chance of getting one of them (at least one that I could afford).

In the coming days, I'll be getting them all out and getting them imaged for my records (and to post here to )
Well-I-Finally-Managed-To-Complete-My-US-Mint-Souvenir-Sets-For-Both-Philly-And-Denver
Well-I-Finally-Managed-To-Complete-My-US-Mint-Souvenir-Sets-For-Both-Philly-And-Denver
  Replies: 0 / Views: 6Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to rattle this change. Forums