Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bluenose Circulation

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,248Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  12:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am trying to find information on the breakdown of the mintage (9 million) of the two non colored commemorative dimes. I am also tryng to find out about mintage numbers of non dual date dimes for 2021 and how someone from the US could get 5 new rolls. I checked a dealer site ( Gatewest) and they didn't show anything. I asked my rep about mintages and he said they didn't have mintage numbers. Thanks for any help.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure about the single date 2021, you can order the set of three rolls from the mint for about 31-32$ , the mintages have me a little confused with the 40,000 commemorative mint rolls, it says 40,000 but does not specify if they are included in the overall mintage, if they are is it 40,000 sets of 3? Meaning 2m of each coin is in commemorative rolls.

Edit: one site says there is 6m coloured and 9 million coloured. Does not leave much circulation room,
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...9266107.html

Not sure if the figures are accurate or not on here.
Edited by Wrekkdd
11/15/2021 12:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8858 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mintage for regular single date dimes won't be released 'til next year, they are produced on an "as required " basis until at least the end of the year, there is no target mintage as with the commemorative coins.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mintage number of 6 and 9 million come from the mint so they are accurate, not sure if they include the commemorative rolls in there mintage.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6032 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
how someone from the US could get 5 new rolls.

Try this site for rolls or singles
https://www.colonialacres.com/10-Ce...0-s/1207.htm
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I've had no luck so far even confirming rolls of single date dimes are available. I tried Colonial Acres and Gatewest. The only ones CA had, now out of stock, were from special wrap roll sets. If anyone has a source of uncirculated bank rolls and would want to sell or trade for something you may want from the States please let me know.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you specifically looking for the single date 2021 dime roll or all 5? The commemorative ones are still in stock at the RCM, I have yet to hear about the single date ones yet. Once they start hitting my area I will pick up some of the 2021 coloured and non coloured rolls at my bank. I will do the same if they get in single date ones. I have already asked a friend of mine at the bank to keep his eye out for the rolls for me.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
778 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The RCM's annual report for 2021 is out.
It states that 15 million ''100th anniversary of Bluenose Dimes'' (double date non-coloured standard design; double date coloured/non-coloured special design) were minted and 170.775.000 regular single date Dimes.
Unfortunately, the report does not detail how the mintage was split between the three special Dimes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
665 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As Wrekkdd mentioned above, the RCM produced 6 million coloured and 9 million non-coloured commemorative design. This is reflected in the annual report on the "100th anniversary of Bluenose" line with 15 million. The other 170.8 million were the regular design with the double date. The 2021 single date issues were not produced for circulation.
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]The 2021 single date issues were not produced for circulation [quote]

So is there any info on mintage of these dimes?
Pillar of the Community
Germany
778 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2022  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The other 170.8 million were the regular design with the double date. The 2021 single date issues were not produced for circulation.

I disagree.
As I understand it the RCM considers the three double-date versions the ''commemorative 10-cent coins.'' Total mintage 15.000.000.
Unfortunately, they don't distinguish between the two non-coloured versions. Only the total given (9.000.000) -- this figure is not in the annual report though.
The single date 10-cent is the regular one and mintage was 170.775.000.
It is highly unlikely that the RCM minted 170.775.000 commemorative (double date) Dimes. Moreover, commemorative coins get a special line in the RCM's mintage report. The 170.775.000 is in the same line as previous mintage numbers for the ''regular, single date'' Dimes.
Edited by redlock
05/07/2022 02:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2022  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found all of the double date coins from bank rolls, I have yet to see a single date in circulation. The double date original design seems to be the most common.
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If there were 170.8 million single date dimes minted, where are they? They certainly aren't showing up in circulation. I can't imagine they need that many for special wrap rolls and uncirculated sets etc.
Valued Member
Canada
295 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe I had read (somewhere) that the single date 2021's were only in the specimen/proof or special sets.

As to the non coloured double date...heck I've turned up at least 2 fresh from the mint boxes.....coloured a few in odd circulation rolls only
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,248Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: