Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

65% Off 1970 D Celebration

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 248Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2284 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  5:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I post her the last I wish to have to complete the OFF collection for Cooper coins. I will sacrifice a good wine bottle. Took more then 6 years to complete.

Here some Pics. It is 1970D Large, was nicer small date. It is 65% OFF. The collection now has 20 coins who start from 2.5% then till 90% with increase of 5% after 5%. Dates could be see only till 70% which is not total date but could be anticipate. And please can someone to chime on the T form cent. left of the pis show an T from an Un 1970D large and right the Off Center coin. Thanks

Edited by silviosi
01/23/2022 5:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats all the way around. 1400th post also. Nice!
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2284 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Vestige
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7388 Posts
Learn More...
United States
23215 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sil, that is a nice one. With regard to the T letterform, it is my understanding that as the die wears out, the tops of letters can get deformed. I suspect that this is what you have hear, but I'm interested to see what others think.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67631 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2938 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice off-center cent and the date is even visible.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the issue with the "T" might also have to do with metal flow into the "T" when struck since it is near the edge of the planchet.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2284 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, this coin is the last missed on the collection of the OFF center cooper by %. On zinc miss me 7.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 248Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: