Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1986 P Quarter Looking Weird

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 251Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  09:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yourmajesty206 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi so . It's more out of curiosity but y does this quarter look all janky what happen to it

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67743 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just damage, possibly deliberate.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8060 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post-strike damage, occurred while in circulation. We've seen many quarters damaged in a similar way (and other denominations too) over the years on this forum. Just a beat up coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57443 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damaged coins are only face value coins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yourmajesty206 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I'm sorry I dont think the picturr shoes it good I ddint realize couns hitting eachother could have it end ovdf igsv on both sides to the opposite fold as if Iml ml took two halves and folded the away from eachother over the edge
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yourmajesty206 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also on the third picture of the reverse side the bottom left were the eagles left wing would go too that side looks like the met!l did a surf wave and that side is sort of melted down I'm not sure how to describe it best
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14706 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think anyone said anything about coins hitting one another, everyone is saying it
is damage that could occur in 100's of ways. Anything that happens to a coin after it is struck
is considered damage, no matter how. Unless you were there at the time, you may never know
exactly how it was damaged but damage is damage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: