Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found This '69d Penny With No Rim In A Sack Of Wheaties.error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 428Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  9:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was given an old bank bag full of wheat pennies, along with a book of all Lincoln pennies, and asked to try and finish completing the book. Along with the 20 or so Indian head pennies I have questions about, I also found this 1969-D penny. I'm gonna attempt to upload an image, but this coin has no rim!?!?

Edited by CCB420
01/28/2022 9:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was my very first post, still trying to figure out site
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67573 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deliberately ground down.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44584 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. PMD. Sometimes people will shave down a cent to make a fake dime.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep
Been abused
PMD
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14630 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John 1 nailed it. People used to grind a cent down to the diameter of a dime to
use in machines. There have been several of these posted on here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That was my very first post, still trying to figure out site

Yup, I figured that part out. I had the same issues when I first signed up.
I just wanted to save any comments until I had seen a picture.

As for your coin, Just a ground down cent as CoinFrog and John1 had stated. The things folks do to coins is just mind bending sometimes.

I did forget to welcome you in though - so I'll do that now.

Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also found an 1888 Indian head, with a lil "pie piece" taken off top left corner. Thoughts?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21780 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One coin per topic please.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 428Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: