Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942/? Mercury Dime Date.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 289Next Topic  

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  4:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have a 42 Mercury dime, I know they do have overdates and other errors, the date definitely looks off a bit, I'm waiting for my new camera, but my patience is no good LOL so apologies if the photos aren't sufficient and I appreciate any help and thanks for any and all replies

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17453 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say it's not the 1942/1 Philly . If it was the Denver mint then it would be possible to be the overdate .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68918 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is not the overdate.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
05/17/2022 5:46 pm
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The overdate? Oh , yeah I didnt think it was "the overdate" but there is definitely a number under that 2, I thought looked like a 4, I generally don't keep a fixed idea in my head on what over date is on record as existing I always look at it like if there can be a 1942 over 1941 then they're can pretty much be any date over any date, I get that there are some extremely valuable ones out there and I'd be lying if I said that wouldn't be awesome if I found one I just collect certain coins and I'll purchase Lots at auctions/ and genuinely enjoy just going through them and looking for interesting things whether it's an error or just something I didn't know about the series I appreciate the response guys thank you
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one was labeled as the overdate 42/41 in a lot I purchased, just a box of random coins, not saying it is but the person who owned it before me had it labeled that way, regardless one of my favorite designs

Learn More...
United States
23706 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@byf, in looking over your pics, it looks like you might have stripped off the toning as it seems to disappear. Did you dip this coin?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence, I'm terrified to do any type of cleaning to any coin I have LOL but not saying the previous owners didn't do that I wouldn't even know how to look for that I assumed it was somewhat normal because I see them graded that way
Learn More...
United States
23706 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm terrified to do any type of cleaning to any coin I have

Ok good. That is perfect.

I asked only because it looked like the level of toning changed on the pics that you posted.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 289Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: