Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is The Main Reason Why You Hunt Rolls?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 659Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  08:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
In looking at the forum posts, most of the photos and threads pertain to silver finds, so I started wondering, why does everyone hunt rolls? For me, I started hunting rolls as a way to cheaply increase my silver stack and avoid the current outrageous premiums. But in doing so it has reignited my interest in coin collecting as well. Since I started I have assembled an almost complete set of BU Kennedy halves (minus my nemesis, the 2013P). I have also started branching out to other denominations now.

Poll Choices
  To increase my stack
  Coin collecting
 Both
 Other

Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  08:46 am  Show Profile   Check Joshu - a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin roll hunting gives me something else to do while I watch TV or old radio shows.
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I no longer roll hunt, but when I did it was primarily to fill holes in my collection. I do have a stash of duplicate wheat cents and silver half dollars, but that was never the goal. I once traded a significant portion of the half dollars (mostly Kennedy) to a coin dealer to acquire the remaining Franklin half dollars for my set.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6013 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin collecting so I can fill my kids and grandkids collections.
Learn More...
United States
23706 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I no longer roll hunt, but when I did it was primarily to fill holes in my collection.

I also no longer hunt, but when I did it was primarily to increase my stack/accumulation. Pretty much the exact opposite of @jbuck.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8524 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still roll hunt. Primary motivation is simply to feed a love for coins. If I find cool stuff, all the better.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4255 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was a CRH addict, for six years straight. With the help of family and fiends, I've recovered. Built a nice stack though.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was a CRH addict, for six years straight.

Quote:
With the help of family and fiends, I've recovered.

Quote:
Built a nice stack though.
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Joshu - a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cause I'm crazy!

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Joshu - a, isn't that the truth.
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course adding to the stack is nice. I still really enjoy the hunt.The thrill of opening a roll and not knowing what is in there is good for me. However when that same roll contains a few silver coins very satisying to say the least.
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do it to add to my stack and to my collection. It is to me a sub-hobby of coin collecting. Adding silver is a plus!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9083 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1750 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm stuck on silver, cause silver is stuck on me

100% acetone will remove any kind adhesive that causes silver to be stuck to you.

There's something about silver, it is attractive and addictive. Very interesting and pretty strange...
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm stuck on silver, cause silver is stuck on me
The old Band-Aid jingle.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 659Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: