Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help To Identify Which Mint Ottoman Empire Ahmed I Gold Sultani NGC MS64

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 388Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
79 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  4:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vinnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

It has been quite a while since I posted and hope to slowly catch up on years of missed threads.

I have two pieces that are not in my area of collecting and unfortunately will be moving them along (please do not delete as this is not a fishing thread, merely hoping for more information so I can advertise them correctly).

The other is a medieval medallion that I will be posting in the medals forum.

I have done some brief searching but am not versed in Ottoman era coins.

According to NGC, this is the finest known but I have seen values all over the map and it depends on the mint - however, this one is not designated nor have I had much luck finding anything online.

Would any members be ablate offer more information on this piece?

Thank you in advance for any help and assistance!

Turkey
14 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ottomali to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Vinnie;

Minted at Istanbul, actually written as Kostantiniyye in turkish. (turkish version of constantinople)
Turkey
14 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  05:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ottomali to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: