Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Still Looking For 1878 VAM-9 - Is This It?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2312 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Try as I may, I can't identify the VAM-9 very easily. Please look at this one and let me know what you think. Thank you!

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
3837 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that's it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10498 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's the A1k reverse.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
2312 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm starting to think I'll never be able to get my eye calibrated for these 8TF examples! Obviously, more study is needed.

I appreciate the patience and sharing of knowledge, fellows. The hunt continues...
Pillar of the Community
United States
8825 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Dave700x it looks more like the A1k reverse to me as well. The coma feather really stands out on them when you find it you will see it. Also check the cotton bolls for the die polish lines and short stem under the right boll.

http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.c...8_v9_obv.jpg
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
2312 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More good advice. Thank you, @Westcoin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8825 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  08:26 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also memorize the look of that last wing feather (not tail) next to the added engraved coma feather, you see how weak it is in the VAM-9 compared to it being only a partial outline on the A1k reverses. The die polish lines don't always show up well on circulated or dirty coins.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
Indonesia
72 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about reverse A1n?
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: