Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958-D Washington Quarter Graded

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 316Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think deserves an graded of this quarter 1958-D?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say EF-45.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17467 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 for me .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
8178 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have posted two very common coins in a common condition. Wen you look into the fees for getting a coin graded, you will find the costs are way too much for something like this. You need something worth about 150.00 before you are going to come out on top of the grading game.

There are a lot of people who have made the mistake of getting coins like these graded, spent a lot of money doing it, and end up wishing they had done more homework about what kind of coins are not candidates for being graded.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The answer it is absolutely not to be grad. An quarter like this will be at the best 7$ minus approx. 50$ for grad you will be in -43.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earle42, I'm not going to send this or other published coins to TPG. I created these themes so that you could help me evaluate the coins. Before I published them, I evaluated them myself and it was important for me to find out if my opinion coincides with yours.

I appreciate the help of the participants and all the opinions that you have expressed. Today I will take out the coins from 2x2 and indicate the rating that you gave the coins. I'm just using this for my personal archive and classifications.

P.S.All these silver coins were bought because of the silver in them.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think folks are commenting on your statement asking if the coin should be graded at a TPG. I see what your doing here but they are trying to save you $$ in case you were deciding to do that. I would not comment on whether the coin should be slabbed in your post description and only do that if you are considering sending it in or you will receive comments as stated above
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23920 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40, just a bullion coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, melt coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: