Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 CC Morgan Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 604Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
76 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  3:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NTesla to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have this coin and with my cheap scale it weighs 26.5 grams. It appears uncirculated. Does the weight raise any alarms?

Thanks as always!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3993 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's slightly below tolerance for weight, but depending on the accuracy of your scale, it might be okay. If you're concerned about authenticity, good photos would go a long way in determining whether it's genuine.
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NTesla to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's my Achilles Heel on here. I seldom can get pics under 300kb. I love this site as people are very knowledgeable and helpful. I crop and crop to no avail. Very frustrating such a small size is required.

Appreciate you answering!
Edited by NTesla
05/29/2022 4:30 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70237 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about some pics?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21922 Posts
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NTesla to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NTesla to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
2561 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Comparing the lettering in the word "God" with the PCGS photos, I'm not seeing a good match. On the obverse everything look a little too perfect compared even to an MS 66. Send it in to ANACS. A $250,000 coin is certainly valuable enough to be in a holder.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
05/30/2022 3:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3672 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a counterfeit. The coin has a reverse of a 1878 or 1921.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3993 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree it's counterfeit. The date position is wrong, it has parallel arrow feathers (reverse of 78), and the mintmark font is incorrect.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2047 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, counterfeit.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 604Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: