Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Escheatment-A Chilling Customer Service Converation

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 869Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  12:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
On March 28, 2022, my ebay account was permanently suspended one day after completing the requirements for the managed payments system. I retained the same bank account that I had always used for my sales (small amounts of coins, books and cds) for many years (joined ebay in 2002) and gave them my i.d. The following day my account was suspended permanently due to an "discrepancy." My account still had a balance of $458 dollars. I was told I'd get in 60 days, then by another agent that it would be 70 days. Today I was told the sum was in escheatment and would be forfeited to the state. I've added a picture of the conversation with the agent for everyone to see. Am I a victim of a company that seems increasingly run by pure automation? A scam from within ebay? I doubt I'll ever find out, but I am out 458 dollars.
Edited by captainmandrake1
06/20/2022 12:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear about your trouble with EBay. This sounds like a company that is slowly digging its own grave and pulling the dirt in, at least with it's original base of support. I've only used it for reference - never bought or sold there. It seems they are beginning to focus on big business now and there are countless other sites for that.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
9910 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always prefer to speak with a human beings directly (when possible). Did you correct (or attempt to correct) the discrepancy they noted? Best of luck to you.
ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your trouble with EBay.

Thank you!

Quote:
I always prefer to speak with a human beings directly (when possible). Did you correct (or attempt to correct) the discrepancy they noted? Best of luck to you.

Thank you. I think it would have all worked out fine if I had been able to talk to someone, but they do not have a customer service line anymore at ebay. They also make it a point of letting you know that they cannot inform you of what the discrepancy is. All I know is I had 100% positive feedback, gave them all the documentation requested, and had been a member for 20 years.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4089 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's truly crazy. Frustrating to be wronged by a big company's policies with seemingly no recourse. Hope you eventually recover your funds.

And thanks for adding a new word to my vocabulary!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46588 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
captainmandrake1,
Are you going to contact your state/government?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait... Are they trying to say that you died and someone ("you") is trying to take your identity and assets?

Yeah, I had to look it up...

escheatment (plural escheatments)

(law) The process of transferring unclaimed or abandoned property to a state authority, especially when a person dies intestate.
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you going to contact your state/government?

Yes-I need to figure this out and see if what I was told is true!

Quote:
Wait... Are they trying to say that you died and someone ("you") is trying to take your identity and assets?

I guess that's the implication!!!!!!!

Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess that's the implication!!!!!!!
I hope it all gets sorted out soon. It feels like something that could get out of hand fast.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9910 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd try this number: 1-866-961-9253 is now a dedicated line for customers who may have experienced fraud on their account.

It sounds like fraud to me.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
6548 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay never ceases to amaze me.

Sounds like there is some type of discrepancy causing them to hit the pause button on settlement of your account. So, instead of trying to resolve it thru communication with the client they are just gonna turn the money over to the State and let them figure it out.

Crazy way of running a business but that's eBay!

Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, everyone for the sympathy and advice! I'll try calling the 866 number and contacting the state. I'll update if something works out eventually!
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  06:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck! Let us know how it works out.
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd try this number: 1-866-961-9253 is now a dedicated line for customers who may have experienced fraud on their account.

Tried calling the ebay fraud line today! An automated voice offers to read something to you or offers you to go get help on the website! I'd laugh if I wasn't missing over 400 dollars!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4353 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay is an absolute incoherent disfunctional cluster ...
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 869Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: