Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quick Question, 2005 D Jefferson Nickel Bank Rolls

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 391Next Topic  

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  11:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 2 2005 D nickle bank rolls. Given I have no idea where in the run they were struck and I'm Really new to this hobby. Should I open the rolls? I understand there is a pretty valuable error but it is rare.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
45768 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the rare error?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2056 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I probably wouldn't open them, and just stash them away in my box of bank rolls.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from what I read, there is a die crack that runs through the buffalo from about the second T in states to just under his mid section. Again I am very green to coin collecting. my source or info maybe BS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2618 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PCGS price guide lists the 2005-D Speared Bison at $120 in MS61, $1000 in MS66. You'll want to check sold values at the usual auctions sites and ebay to see what they really sell for.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

i could not stop myself, I would have to open them!!
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i could not stop myself, I would have to open them!!

The value is in the hunt.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add newdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I opened one. Left the other alone. For unopened coins these nickels are really banged up. Nicks and scratches everywhere. No wear or discoloration. Also read they weren't handled well at the mint and it shows.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 391Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: