Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sample Slab All Zeros 1964-D Generation?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 684Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  03:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add michaelclarke1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I told my friend it was worthless but he insisted I list it on ebay for $200 for the heck of it. Unbelievable someone offered $100. I'm more of a MS-65 quarter guy.

I understand the difference of opinion on generation systems but what is this thing? It's growing on me and I might buy it myself. lol
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  05:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is pretty cool does have a silver dime in it but no grade on the coin to bad
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46588 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

What company slabbed it,PCGS? Look here,seems to be worth around $20. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...H_Complete=1
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71747 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a country!

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive seen these sell for around $150 and some close to $230 back in 2016. Currently about 4 listed on the bay for $200 a piece
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, & Coins what could be better?
Edited by Jakes Coins
07/09/2022 09:46 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46588 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Link please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link for one of the listed ones - https://www.ebay.com/itm/403542929138
and a recent sale - https://www.ebay.com/itm/185485740893
I also have access to older sales history not currently seen on the bay.
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, & Coins what could be better?
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add michaelclarke1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So back in 1986 there were 2 dot matrix printers. One was low quality and was the first to print "Sample" on white non-ribbed paper. Reason being suppler sent wrong paper? This looks to be from printer 2 and the paper is ribbed. So that would make this 1.1 or 1.2? Or still 1 with ribbed paper?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8064 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This appears to be a very early generation PCGS sample slab. There apparently are collectors who collect the various slabs - as such this has some value in the current market.

I've had several similar examples that I sold over time on eBay - you never know how one mans 'trash' is another mans treasure.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
07/09/2022 4:34 pm
Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is the first generation of PCGS sample slab, and the first sample slab from any grading service I believe. The second generation actually included a grade and all have the serial number 7000023. I think the first generation were only used for one or two coin shows. They are much tougher to find than the second generation. This sample slab type also can be found with proof dimes.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 684Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: