Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Papal States Italy 20 Baiocchi Grade? (1850)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 579Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wondering what grade this likely makes?

Looks cleaned right? Or not?

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year to title. Titles are Important! ***

Edited by TobyJ
08/05/2022 2:38 pm
Valued Member
Germany
312 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it has been cleaned.
I also don't think there are signs of any wear.

Sth. strange is going on on the reverse though, and the obverse fields look rough somehow.

I will abstain from proposing a grade.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Updated photos in any case, I hope for the reverse discolouration to be natural but I'm out of my depth here.
The fields are lustrous, the reverse fields are clear and very reflective, I can see my face in it. Full lustre to the reverse it seems. In hand it seems MS.

Valued Member
Germany
312 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe I see stamp die polishing lines on the reverse. No idea what this area with different surface/color might be. Would be nice if an expert weighed in.

The fields on the obverse still look homogeneously grainy, I do not find that terribly attractive I confess.
But maybe this is the original state.
Edited by HP2001PH
08/12/2022 07:16 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. I posted it around instagram and the concencus was that it had maybe been dipped a few times which might explain the discoloration, or something perhaps sat on it for a long time. The reverse is actually proof like, the fields are brilliant mirrors so thats odd. I'm gonna send it to NGC and I think it has a chance at straight grading, but we shall see &
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26176 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt very much this one will straight grade. MS details, cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep came back UNC details cleaned.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 579Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: