Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Somebody's Going To Pay About $80 For A Fake Coin In 1 Hour On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 754Next Topic  

Canada
44 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add recollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185519985606

too bad we can make public comments on auctions while they are running. the sellers know full well they are scamming, but absolve themselves by saying "im not an expert" . its sad what coin collecting has become.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9349 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As always, buyer beware.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2568 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it'll sell for a lot more than that. 31 bids and it's at 90 right now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2568 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just reported the coin on the ebay auction page. On a computer at least, just search for "report" and click on "report item". If enough of us do it in the next hour it'll be taken down.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be a shill bidder stepping in here . I don't believe there are that many newbies after this totally fake coin .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A quick look up and it was the first thing to pop up on google.

The seller is falsely advertising the coin as the metal composition is not silver. I don't think real people are bidding on this(or I hope not)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just sold for $91 , 34 bids .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
912 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know who would actually believe this is a coin but rather a fantasy piece.

Highly doubt anyone was fooled.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with T-BOP, probably a strange case of shill bidding.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3627 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see 2 listings on ebay ($25 or best offer and one for $30 obo) for the same 'coin.' I also saw it listed on a site that sells Chinese copies of many US coins offering a coin like this for $24.28. The coins they offer are all called " Morgan dollars" even though some are not even copies of dollar coins.

I really hope no one thought this was a real coin.
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent example of what is wrong with human emotion: Ignorant people with too much money are probably better off without the money [stupid is as stupid does -- al a Forest Gump].

I have no pity for people that are too ignorant to know/find out [given access to the internet].

The money is probably better spent in the hands of the seller -- probably smarter.

Everyone knows that ebay is crawling with scammers -- ceteris paribus.

Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1133 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing this type of stuff is aggravating to say the least. Regarding the bidders, I may be completely off-base but I don't believe the last bidders were shills; none of them have any bid retractions and each had only a minimal percentage of bids with this one seller. The obvious shills I usually see have a large percentage of bids with one seller and a lot of bid retractions. But, the scammers may be getting better at disguising this...

I do have a bit of trouble believing, though, that several people would actually be bidding on something like this.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4352 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CentSation nailed it .
You bid on this stuff with little or no knowledge
and you gel hammered . You see this sort of stuff
at country auctions and flea markets all the time .
The buyers are getting EXACTLY what they deserve
a paid for education in stupidity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to get in a "snipe" bid but was too slow...

KK
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 754Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: