Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two Unique Bust Quarters Found

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,224Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  6:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Davensandi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First is an 1815 E counterstamped quarter with the E double punched. The other is an 1806 B 3. That was struck on an 1806 quarter called a flipover double struck sorry this site is a pain to post pictures.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71847 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be, but keep trying. No point in starting a thread without pics.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
08/07/2022 6:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2307 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interested in seeing pictures. Keep trying, once you complete it once then the process becomes easier.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6553 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OP,

I've been on this site for years and posting pictures has always been an issue for some new users and recently become a royal pain for some old timers due to "improvements"! (Yeah, we don't like change!)

As it stands now I may never try to post a pic of anything again here! s/

End of rant!

I guess just keep trying and maybe I will, too!

Your coins we can't see sound interesting!

to The Community!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1148 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

It can be a little confusing the first time or two going through the process of uploading pics, but it only takes a little while to become very comfortable at it. Walk through the tutorial, and just open the optimizer and give it a try.

My preference is to do all my cropping/rotation before I use the optimizer, so all I have to do is drag-and-drop my pic, save in a size that's under 300kb by adjusting the quality and/or the dimensions as shown in the tutorial, and then upload to my post.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
569 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's help----make sure image is under 300 kb----left click upload image---left click choose file---left click image----then left click upload file to your post---and that should do it---good luck---
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still need to see pictures, welcome to the Community.
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  08:29 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know there's been a debate whether the "E" and "L" countermarks on 1815 and 1825 quarters were done at the US Mint (some type of auditing) or done post-mint by a private organization. If the countermarks were done privately, it would not seem unreasonable for a quarter to be countermarked twice...
Of course, the debate is moot without images.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinEnthusiast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use the site iloveimg.com to crop images. Just upload your photos to that site, crop them, download them, save them to your laptop/phone, and then bada bing bada boom, you can just upload them here once you switch to full reply mode.
Learn More...
United States
116508 Posts
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Davensandi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos for two unique bust quarters

Learn More...
United States
116508 Posts
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Davensandi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info pics are now posted.
Valued Member
Taiwan
385 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Everest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting. The photos work just fine for me. There was an excellent article on these E and L counterstamps found on 1815 quarters written in the John Reich journal some years ago. The 1815 counterstamps are not unique at all. The flipover strike is pretty neat.
Edited by Everest
08/08/2022 5:54 pm
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Davensandi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know that the E counterstamp is not unique but that the double punching of it is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2307 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to do some research on the E and L counterstamps. It is an interesting piece of history that is not entirely understood. I don't think the double punched E wll add any value, but it may be unique for someone who is looking for the stamped version of the 1815 quarter. It has more marketability but not significant premium.

Can't see much on the Draped Bust quarter, we are going to need full obverse and reverse pictures.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,224Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: