Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Only On Ebay "Peace Dollar From Smoke Free Home"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 550Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  04:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1921 Peace dollar Hi-Relief Overstrike Broken Sword Antiqued MCMXXI Dan Carr /4*

Condition:
--not specified
"Straight from the Moonlight Mint -- all original certificate. Smoke-free home."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224648986603

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71578 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5372 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And what is the question about this?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1128 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they are laughing at the 'smoke free home'. It's not a garment, it is a coin. Ha.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46475 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smoke can get on coins and its holders/packaging as well.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Smoke can get on coins and its holders/packaging as well.
I agree. But you can trash the packaging, reholder the coin(s), and remember that acetone is your friend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5372 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smoke can also put a fine coat on a coin and can impart toning. I also would not want the packaging to smell like cigarettes or pot. So I like that the seller added a "Smoke Free Home"
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The next time you go into a bar that utilizes hanging glassware, take a close look at the glasses. Nicotine residue builds up on the inside of the glasses, and you can smear it with your finger. If the bar staff is real lazy and doesn't clean all of the glasses daily, try wiping the inside of a glass with a white paper napkin. It will turn brown. This is what can settle on your coins if you smoke indoors.

When you open up a 2x2 that was in a smoker's house, you can definitely tell that they are not air-tight - the coin itself will smell of smoke. Its been mentioned to bathe these coins in acetone and remove the toxic residue but better to buy from those who...wait for it...
comes from a smoke free home. But how do you tell if its from a smoke free home?
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smoking Pays Off for Collectors

https://www.PCGS.com/News/Smoking-P...r-Collectors

And, um, don't know what to do with all those epic collections that came from smoker homes, like Eliasberg.

Just poking fun...

Unless I was severely allergic, "From a smoke-free home" would make no difference to me. I'm sure it is important to a lot of others.

Then there's the most important point itself - the coin for sale; an over-strike Peace dollar that has had its surfaces altered to be a midnight blue. Oh I guess it would make a neat paper weight.

lol
Edited by TheColorofMoney
08/11/2022 4:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They mentioned smoke free...was "Pet Free" also mentioned.

KK
Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...was "Pet Free" also mentioned.
I believe that is going to be a tougher find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4061 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They mentioned smoke free...was "Pet Free" also mentioned.

Do consider that most coins have a tail ....

BTW .... Love these Dan Carr pieces; especially so, the "coins that never were!"
Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 550Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: