Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1867, Shield Nickel, No Rays, FS-1308 RPD - Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 324Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  2:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LazerPig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see how this could be any less than MS66
Edited by LazerPig
08/17/2022 4:15 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71607 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LazerPig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
admittedly I'm having a hard time interpreting the luster with these pics ...and for the record I'm still new at this.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12945 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
admittedly I'm having a hard time interpreting the luster with these pics

i agree

if the photos are accurate then the surfaces are not original as all of the luster is gone and therefore I cant get it UNC

i have the coin at AU55 without better photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2263 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see no wear, luster appears to be there just not photographed in a way that makes it visible. MS-64

Beautiful RPD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25240 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't get above AU-58 on this one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Photos are fairly accurate, the coin definitely lacks luster
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: