Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 WDDO-001 Best Of Variety

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 520Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
173 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got a bag of change from a friend who's house flooded during Ian and after we cleaned out all the damaged furniture, drywall and floors I noticed a wet bag of change. I asked what he was gonna do with it? He said coin star it.... I said I will buy it off you, how much? He said I could have it for helping. I gave him 20 bucks anyways. When I came home I dried all the change on some towels and went through it. Had a few nice finds including a 2011 WDDO 005, 1998 Wide AM and three 2004 DDR LMCs. I will post the others separately later.

Edited by CaptJeffWorthFL
10/02/2022 12:25 am
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need an edit!! I looked at the wrong coin and meant 2019 WDDO-001

Thanks! and Sorry about that...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1155 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pick up on your coins, good to hear about people who take a chance and treasure hunt get rewarded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3736 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a great modern DDO.

Who says nice guys always finish last?

Drying out after a major water event like that is critically important to help avoid mold issues. Cudos to you for helping.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
His house flooded during Irma too. Took a year to get the insurance company to fix it, so 2 years ago it was fully remodeled. This time they are fixing it and selling it. They lost everything, again. But they have their lives, it was all material things that can be replaced.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find it's been dry for me in the shield rolls hopefully find a doubled die after work today
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2960 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find, congrats!
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been going through about 5 boxes of pennies a week with my 7 year old son. He picks out all the wheat cents, Canadians, odd balls. He also has a knack for finding off struck coins, clipped planchets and other nice finds. I have the tedious job of scoping all the coins looking for the good stuff.
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 520Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: